Thursday, December 8, 2016

FMS266 Let it snow!

Always look forward to seeing the challenge every week over at Freshly Made Sketches This week the sketch showed two different punch or die cut shapes.  I chose to use my Dave's Dies from last year’s SU set Winter Wishes.  The sleigh was colored with Real Red and a blender pen.  The runners and the skate blades were colored in with a silver uni- ball pen.  Both the sleigh and the skates were stamped with Sahara sand.  Let it snow sentiment is from SU's retired Cold Play, a set that I seem to be gravitating to this year, maybe because I'm now living in South Florida.  The square piece is a watercolor piece I had from experimenting with Ranger Distress Salty Ocean ink.  I had spritzed it with shimmer mist so it sparkles.  I mounted it on Tempting Turquoise and Whisper white base.  The embellishments are squints and white string.  Skates and sleigh are popped up with dimensionals.

Happy stamping
Heather


3 comments:

  1. really lovely card... great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect!! I love the watercolor background behind the beautifully colored red sled with the skates tied onto it. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete