Thursday, June 1, 2017

Casing the new Stampin' Up Catalog Day 1

     A blogger, I'm not, but I am a stamper who has loads of supplies.  Being a demo for about 10 years, I have accumulated scads of stamps, paper, ink and tools from Stampin' Up.  That doesn't include the contraband I collected as well.  So, with that in mind, at the start of the new Stampin' Up catalog year, I have decided to CASE cards from the catalog using stamps I own that are either similar to retired Stampin' Up images, or current ones. In a few cases, I found images from other companies I could use.  Also, I used some retired inks, tools etc.  At this point I have made 35 cards and for the next month or so I hope to post a card a day that I have attempted to recreate with my existing stash.  Does this mean that I don't need anything from the new catalog?  Of course not, but do I really need it all, no.  Please help me along and leave a comment.  So let's get started with day one.


The cover.  This card is made using Work of Art, which is still current and  Summer Solstice (R) for the flower.  I love you is from a dollar stamp from Michael's by Studio G I only used the I love you part of that stamp.  The colors I chose were Lucky Limeade (R) and Melon Mambo.

Happy Stampin'
Heather

7 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I saw your post on SCS so had to come check it out. Great idea! Going to subscribe to your blog so I can see our wonderful creations using the catalog and what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your thoughts on this. I just subscribed and am looking forward to all your cased cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at my catalog and the only thing that temps me is paper... cause I love coordinate paper. I am going to subscribe too... because I have a ton of stuff. I just finished my May challenge of not buying anything. I was successful BUT I was using some paper from my stash and realized I liked it and it was retiring so did buy some before it was gone.... Looking forward to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I subscribed and am looking forward to all the cards you have cased. I've cased your case into a Thank You card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your card BETTER than the one on the cover of the catalog, so there! I like the shapes behind the flower better, as well as the flower itself. Following along to see all the pretties... ;)

    ReplyDelete