Saturday, December 31, 2016

Tiled Hues


This is my second card for today's Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.  Take me away from my "Happy Place" for a week and I won't leave for a day.  The new set Beautiful You from Stampin' Up keeps calling to me, in this case though it called for me to get out my old "Summer by the Sea" set.   I did use a new sentiment from the "Beautiful You" set.  The border stamp on the bottom I thought mimicked waves.  I wish I could say who made this stamp but I am at a loss.  The color palette I used is Indigo Island, Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy, Pool Party, Blush Blossom and Smoky Slate.  I  heat embossed the sentiment with white EP.  Not sure if you can see it but the water is sparkling thanks to  Wink of Stella. the focal image was cut out using Cottage Cutz stitched rectangle dies.  My cousin is retiring this month so this card is earmarked for her.

Happily Stamping

Heather

1 comment:

  1. one of my favorite SU stamps, so perfect for retirement, it does scream relax :).
    thanks for comment on my dogs, I came by to see if there were pics of Gunnar. Happy stamping
    Christine

    ReplyDelete