Sunday, February 5, 2017

FMS273 The best is yet to be.

This is the card I came up with for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge this week.

Old and new, that's really what this card is all about.  The nine square background is from Hero Arts, I got it years ago when I started stamping and to be honest, never used it until now.   When I saw the sketch, I thought of this background.  I used Tim Holtz distress inks, Pickled Raspberry, Shaded Lilac and Salty Ocean one color on each row, then I blended them together with a blended tool.  After that I dropped a few water droplets onto it, then cut it out.  Now I was stuck, nothing in my huge supply of stamps seems to go with it.  Ah, ha, I saw a balloon set at Michael's last weekend, where is that coupon.  So, off to Michael's I went, it was on sale for 60% off and another 20% for members.  So, I didn't need the coupon after all.  The set called Valentine's Day ended up costing me around $3.00 die and all.  I came home stamped the balloon in SU's Melon Mambo and the greeting in Pacific point, then added dimensionals and popped it up. Sweet Valentine is from the retired set Something to Celebrate.

Funny but after I put it together, I realized I had planned for the Raspberry to be on the top, oh well, that's the way it goes with this hobby.  Over all I am pretty happy with how this turned out.

Inking it up,
Heather

1 comment:

  1. I have that background hiding somewhere - I love what you've done with it, I need to pull mine out!! And how great that you had to go buy a stamp to finish it!! It came together beautifully. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete