Monday, July 3, 2017

Hang in there!

First, I'd like to thank everyone both  here and on Splitcoaststampers who have taken the time to comment on last months big challenge.  It really made it worthwhile for me.

Today's card is from a new to me stamp set from Unity Stamps,  I am trying very hard to only buy stamps that mean something to me personally.  When our girls were younger we had a tire swing on our front lawn.  The girls and all of their friends loved it.  My husband eventually took it down for fear that the branch of the tree might break.  Our girls have not forgiven him.

Mistakes happen, they sentiment was crooked, so what to do?  Well, I decided to mimic the tire,  and punch out a circle then put the sentiment on the lower layer.  Also, in keeping with using what you have, I did use two retired colors of cardstock.


Stamps: Unity Hanging in There
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Cardstock: Whisper White, Green Galore (R), Ballet Blue (R)
Accessories: 1 3/8 circle punch SU.  Dimensionals
Image was colored with Prisma Color pencils.

Happy Stampin'
Heather

1 comment:

  1. The stamp is adorable. It's nice to use something that evokes such happy memories. I also try to find do a way to correct my mistakes rather than starting over. Sometimes I like the fix better.

    ReplyDelete