Monday, July 17, 2017

Let's Chill and Shake CC644

This weeks colors for the Color Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers was chosen by Mary, the colors are Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green and White.  Dessert is Christmas in July.  To be honest, I think it would be hard to make a card using these colors without it having a Christmas feel.  Well, maybe flowers would work.



The first design was this stocking.  The die retired from Stampin' Up long ago, but last years and still current Cable Knit embossing folder cried out to be used on it.  I decked it out with some seam binding ribbon in white a white banner with Merry Christmas embossed in Black and Snowflakes cut from my Big Z snowflakes die also retired.  The snowflakes were cut from Fun Foam and painted with Wink of Stella.  I took thread and a needle and sewed them into the bow.


Next was a stair step card using Penny Blacks Let's Chill girl.  I couldn't help getting her because my youngest says "Chill" a lot.  She was colored with Prisma Colored Pencils and Gamsol then I added some embossing paste to her hat and coat.  The designer series paper at the sides is from Frost Wood Lodge.



Last but not least, on Sunday morning while I was working on my designs I got an email from Unity Stamps with a tutorial on a shaker card.  Well, I just had to try it out myself and this is what I came up with.  Since I'd made two of the girls when I made the first card, I decided to use the second on this card.  The scene behind her is the tree from Lovely as a Tree.  I used Glitter for the snow.  The window was cut from Cottage Cutz and the DSP is retired Holiday Treasures.  The only difference in the girl is that she was fussy cut and adhered to the front.  Here is the Link to the Unity Stamps video tutorial.

Happy Stampin'
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment