Saturday, June 10, 2017

Casing the Catty Day 10


 Stampin' Ups Coffee Break Suite on pg. 30, I think will be a big seller.   Although, I wouldn't spend the $30.00 for the matching dies.  For me this set is pretty easy to fussy cut so I'd probably spend the money on something else.







For my card, I used three sets, two retired Stampin' Up', they were Morning Cup and Perfect Blend.  The other set I used was for the little cups and the coffee beans, that set is from Stampabilites, I think it cost me $1.50 at Hobby Lobby.
First I made the background paper,  I embossed the cup and pot from Morning Cup  in clear onto Whisper White cardstock.  Then I blended Vintage Photo Distress ink onto that.  The EP resists the ink.  I used some scrap DSP on top of that.  I used Perfect Blend and my Stampabilities set for the sentiment piece.  The little cups are from that set as well.  My heart is just a piece of burlap cardstock cut with my small punch and the ribbon Natural Twine  the little bow I used a string of burlap from a piece I bought at the store.  I love using it instead of Linen thread, it such a cost saving.  I was really pleased with how well this one came together.  Hope you like it as much as the example in the catty.

Happy Stampin'
Heather


4 comments:

  1. I really like your card better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really don't think I need this set now.

      Delete
  2. I'very spent 2 days looking over the cards and can'take believe vthat you had all the stamps to make this card and that your stamps look a little less free handed sketched.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have all the stamps, hence, I really, really don't need another coffee set.

      Delete