Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Casing the Catty Day13

For today's card I picked this one from page 39.  I am a sucker for shells, and so I was drawn to this one.  I am taking the pictures off my computer and this one seems a bit dark,  I like the size of the shells that are in this set and the sentiments and font are beautiful.
For my card, I used the shell from Beautiful Beach (R) and stamped it in Blushing Bride, Peekaboo Peach  and Soft Sky then fussy cut them all.  I then stamped the Hardwood background stamp in Smoky Slate, cut it down and cut a piece of vellum the same size.  Adhered it all to the Whisper White cardbase.  The sentiment was a bit of a harder find, I finally came up with this one from Vintage Verses (R).   I again used Peekaboo Peach and then my ticket corner punch (R).  Added a few pearls, some gold cord and I am quite pleased.  Now if it wasn't for the fact that the sentiments are fabulous in the new set, I might be able to pass it up.
So what do you think?


Happy Stampin'
Heather

4 comments:

  1. Again, I like your take better and the colors are much prettier. Softer looking,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!! You are an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you created your own patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your interpretation of the card. You inspired me to try an adaptation, and since I don't have a scallop shell stamp, I substituted a sand dollar stamp.

    ReplyDelete