Friday, June 23, 2017

Casing the Catty Day 23

 Today's card is from the same page as yesterdays.  Another card I loved and thought, I can do that. The hardest part of this card was figuring out the stripped gold ribbon.  I went to the ribbon section of the catty and it wasn't there.  So, how did the artist do it.  Well, I finally figured it out,  page 195 new striped treat bags.









For my card, the challenge was the striped ribbon look from the treat bags.  I took a piece of Whisper White cardstock and masked off the stripes.  Then I put versamark all over it and covered it with gold embossing powder.  Voila, gold stripes, cut it down and I think it's a pretty good  replica.  Since I wouldn't ever use the bags this works perfectly for me. This card will be one of the cards I make multiples of this Christmas, I really love it.  Hope you do too.

Stamps: Festive Flurry, Warm Winter Wishes, Word Play
Ink: Versamark
Cardstock, Whisper White, Soft Sky
Paper: Thick Vellum
Embossing Powder in White and Gold
Accessories: Gold Sequins Model Crafts, Rhinestone colored with gold sharpie.

Happy Stampin'
Heather

2 comments:

  1. Another good job. Very little visible difference between the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like your card much better! It gives some breathing room to all of the elements.

    ReplyDelete