Saturday, June 24, 2017

Casing the Catty Day 24

 This card  from Pg. 118 and the set is called Holly Berry Happiness.  Another set that isn't new this year but I don't have it.  The sentiment in the set, Christmas Wishes across the miles would be great to have but since it's the only stamp in the set that I want, I will not be getting it.  Over the years I have gotten much better at not buying when I don't at least like half the stamps in a set.






If I recall this stamp set, with the wreath called Sketch It,
was used by my up line Sharyn Bouck at one of the first Stampin' Up workshops I ever attended.  I feel in love with it.  That being said, I didn't buy it, it was pretty expensive and I didn't have much of a budget for stamping supplies.  Sharyn said "if  you want it all, become a demo," so that's what I did, and she was right.

So on to the card, when I saw this card I immediately thought of using Sketch it.  My card ended up having a much heavier, darker feel to it.  I also got a chance to use Stitched Felt Accents that I've had for ages and haven't used enough.

Stamps: Sketch It, Come to Bethlehem
Ink: Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Versafine onyx black
Cardstock: Whisper White, Garden Green
DSP: Retired Regals
Accessories: Stitched Felt and white twine.

Happy Stampin'
Heather

2 comments:

  1. I love your bold wreath. Your card is better than the catalog sample.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, I like yours better! The one in the catalog is sort of washed out IMO, so I appreciate your greens which are darker but not harsh.

    ReplyDelete